The Arc Pennsylvania has released its budget and policy priorities for the legislative session including:
- Enacting new revenue measures to fund a waiting list reduction such as a $2 admission fee at each establishment with slot machines, an additional four cent tax on cigarettes, and an increase in the tax on table games from 12% to 14%;
- Continuing efforts to close the remaining state institutions;
- Improving school climate by expanding Statewide Positive Behavior Supports and ending unnecessary restraint and seclusion;
- Ending organ transplant discrimination; and
- Placing the burden of proof on school district rather than parents in IDEA disputes.