The Ohio House of Representatives has introduced a substitute to Governor John Kasich’s budget that includes many harmful changes to his proposed Medicaid budget including:
- No New Funding for Waivers;
- No Increase for ICF Rates;
- No Increase for Direct Support Wages;
- No Increase for Complex Care Add-On;
- No Increase to Rate for ICF Adults on Ventilators;
- No Increase for Families providing Shared Living;
- A prohibition on increasing the number of slots available under the Individual Options (IO) and Self Empowered Life Funding (SELF) Medicaid waivers;
- Prohibiting Medicaid rates from being increased for the purpose of encouraging providers to serve Medicaid recipients with complex care needs;
- Prohibiting the restructuring of Medicaid rates for the purpose of encouraging the shared living service setting; and
- Prohibits Medicaid rates from being increased for the purpose of increasing the wages of direct service staff.
The Arc Ohio is mobilizing their grassroots advocates to fight this harmful budget.